Femi Gbede is licensed to practice law both in New York and Nigeria. He is an executive officer of the Nigerian Lawyers Association in New York, and currently works with Schwartz LLC, a law firm in New York.
At Schwartz LLC, they are driven by a passion for providing the highest quality legal services to clients. They set their sights high and consistently deliver results. At Schwartz LLC, they achieve these results through a disciplined approach, a focus on their core practice areas, and by attracting and hiring a diverse team of the brightest global professionals. Whether advising a foreign sponsor forming a private equity fund, representing a buyout firm in an emerging market investment, or helping a growing corporation to structure an acquisition in an emerging market, Schwartz LLC’s mission is to exceed client expectations.
Femi received a full merit based Arthur Vanderbilt scholarship at the New York University School of Law, where he served as a Graduate Editor of the Journal of International Law and Politics, and was elected to represent students from across the globe at the Students’ Bar Association. He graduated as the best student in his university, and in the top 1 percent in a national class of 4,891 students at the Nigerian Law School, where he also served as the Treasurer of the Students’ Representative Council.
Schwartz LLC, is a unique practice focused on serving private equity funds, buyout firms, hedge funds, investment funds, family offices, corporations, entrepreneurs and major private investors active in international markets, including in Latin America, Africa and emerging and frontier markets. The firm also advises foreign corporations from around the world doing business in the United States.
Nigerian Law School
- Graduated as the best student in the university, and in the top 1 percent in a national class of 4,891 students
- Served as the Treasurer of the Students’ Representative Council
- Received a full merit-based Arthur Vanderbilt Scholarship
- Served as the Graduate Editor of the Journal of International Law and Politics and was an elected representative at the Students’ Bar Association
- Delegate at the International Young Leaders Assembly, both at the United Nations and the World Bank
- Worked as a Probono Collaborator with Sidley Austin LLP, under its Africa-Asia Agricultural Enterprise Probono Program
- One of the speakers/panelists at the Asian International Arbitration Center’s event in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, leading up to the AALCO’s inaugural arbitration forum in 2018
- Participated in several international arbitration conferences, seminars, and workshops, including Recent Trends in Investor-State Arbitration (with Herbert Smith LLP), Limits to Party Autonomy in International Commercial Arbitration, in New York, and 60 Years of the New York Convention, in Seville, Spain